On Jan. 17, Stanford’s Center on Philanthropy and Civil Society (home of Digital Impact) hosted Digital Impact: Policy and Practice for the Nonprofit Sector in 2017, a panel exploring key questions such as:
- What are the key digital policy issues that matter to nonprofits in 2017?
- What are the most pressing challenges to nonprofits and activists?
- What should nonprofits, foundations and community activists know about? How can they get involved? And what should they be doing to keep themselves and their communities safe?
The panelists included:
- Lucy Bernholz (Director, Digital Civil Society Lab at Stanford PACS, Senior Scholar, Stanford University)
- Allen Gunn (Executive Director, Aspiration)
- Cayden Mak (Executive Director, 18 Million Rising)
- Riana Pfefferkorn (Cryptography Fellow, Stanford Center for Internet and Society)
- Rob Reich (Marc and Laura Andreessen Faculty Co-director, Stanford PACS, and Professor, Political Science, courtesy Professor, Philosophy, Stanford University)